my sweet sam,
i can't even handle how much personality you have at this stage of your life.
let's just say we always know EXACTLY how you are feeling.
you are a little ball of energy. and i love that about you.
crawling is in full swing and i really don't think it will be long before you take those first steps. you bring so much joy to our lives. you teach us something new every day. we have become more patient, selfless, and humble with you in our lives. as our love for you grows each day we understand a little better the love our heavenly father has for his children.
i love that everyday is a new adventure with you and i love watching you grow and learn new tricks.
you are our perfect little boy and we will love you forever.
sam at 9 months:
- you weighed in at a whopping 17.75 lbs (14th%) at your nine month appt. just a little guy! the doctor is not concerned at all though. he says you are growing at healthy rate. 27 3/4 inches tall.
- you are loving this new found freedom that crawling has given you. you follow me around all day like a puppy dog and it's hilarious. you still love to be held and carried but also loooove getting around on your own.
- at your nine month appt. our ped gave us the go ahead to start testing out different table foods. so far you have tried grapes, scrambled eggs, watermelon, and i gave you a few little pieces of my chicken last night (which you LOVED).
- you have mastered the stink eye. this is a recent thing and everyone thinks its hilarious. i don't know where or how you learned it but you started doing it to strangers and a few of your uncles. once you realized that people laughed when you did it then you started doing it non-stop. i laugh every time you do it.
- we're experiencing a bit of separation anxiety. when we are at home you want me by your side at all times. which makes getting things done a bit challenging but i don't mind. luckily you take great naps so i can get anything i need to done during those.
- you have become a diaper changing ninja! it is seriously next to impossible to change your diaper sometimes. you can roll over and crawl away so fast it's not even funny. we're working on it:)
- a couple weeks ago i started working with you on clapping. you picked it up after a couple days and now all you do is clap. whenever anyone says "yay" you immediately start clapping.
- the vacuum has started to totally freak you out. your dad holds you while i vacuum and you whip your head around constantly so you always have your eye on that thing.
- LOVES the swings.
- can pull himself up into standing position and inch his way around the ottoman.
- takes two 2-hour naps (morning and afternoon).
-waking up between 7:30-8 each day.
- graduated from you infant car seat to a convertible car seat. still rear-facing for now but you are loving being able to see a little bit better.
- chatting with yourself 24/7. you especially love crawling up to your reflection in the refrigerator and talking to yourself. or when you hear another baby squealing while we are in the store you immediately start squealing too.